1. K-State home
  2. »Research and Extension
  3. »Southwind District
  4. »Crops and Soil

Southwind District

Producer Resources

Bluestem Pasture Report 2021

Custom Rates 2020

Kansas Land Values Information

AgManager.info - Ag Economics, Land Prices, Example Rental Agreements

Crop Performance Data

K-State Weather Data Library

2021 Chemical Weed Control

Pesticide Applicator Licensing

Commercial Pesticide Applicator Guidelines

To legally apply any pesticide (even lawn fertilizers with herbicides) for compensation, you must have a Kansas Pesticide Business License and at least one employee with a Kansas Commercial Pesticide Applicator Certification in the appropriate category. Information about Commercial Applicator Licensing is available at the Kansas Department of Agriculture web site.

Kansas Department of Agriculture Pesticide & Fertilizer Program

Commercial Pesticide Applicator Training Manual Order Form

Private Pesticide Applicator Guidelines

Below you will find instructions/guidelines on how to become certified as a Private Pesticide Applicator, how to renew your certification, or renewing your certification through a CD-Rom program. Please select the one that pertains to your needs.

Private Pesticide Applicator Certification (doc)

Private Pesticide Applicator Renewal (doc)

Private Applicator Renewal Using CD-ROM (doc)

The test to become certified as a Private Pesticide Applicator is open book and can be taken at any Kansas County Extension Office. The test normally takes two to three hours to complete. We recommend reading the manual before taking the test.

Private Pesticide Applicator Manual (pdf)

Private Pesticide Applicator Manual on CD User's Guide (pdf)

Restricted Use Pesticides

A private pesticide applicator license is required for purchasing restricted use pesticides. Refer to Restricted Use Pesticides in Kansas to find out which pesticides are on the restricted use list.

Kansas Crop Performance Tests

These tests provide unbiased performance information on hybrids and varieties of the major Kansas Field Crops.



Chad Guthrie

Southwind Extension District Agent, Crop Production and Forage Management, Fort Scott Extension Office
Phone: 620-223-3720   cguthrie74@ksu.edu