Congratulations to our Southwind Extension District High School Seniors
We wish you all the best in your bright futures!
What is Southwind 4-H?
4-H is a community of young people across America who are learning leadership, citizenship, and life skills.What is 4-H?
4-H is a community of young people across Kansas engaged in learning leadership, citizenship, and life skills. Caring adults who support our programs are essential for youth to achieve their potential. Adults can share guidance, knowledge and wisdom, as well as model respect and provide skills training.
4-H is a nationwide program. Each of the four H's of the clover represent ways youth can grow and develop.
- Head, critical thinking, problem solving;
- Heart, self-discipline, integrity, communication;
- Hands, serving others; and
- Health, choosing healthy lifestyles.
4-H had its beginnings in rural America, but it now serves youth in urban and suburban as well as rural communities. Kansas 4-H is open to youth between the ages of 7 and 19. The new 4-H year starts in October, so many prefer to join 4-H at the start of the school year. 4-H enrollment, however, is open year round, so youth can join any time.
Joining 4-H is as easy as 1-2-3-4-5!
- Find a club near you: Allen County, Bourbon County, Neosho County, or Woodson County
- Visit the clubs that interest you
- Check out our 4-H Project Guide for project information
- Create a 4-HOnline account with 4-H enrollment information. Talk to your club leader first, to find out about enrollment fees
- Explore and experience all that 4-H has to offer!
4-H Member Spotlight
There's a member recognition that will be posted on the Southwind District 4-H Facebook page each week. You can nominate any 4-H'er in the district using this form: 4-H Member Spotlight Nomination. Return it to our 4-H Program Assistant MaKayla Stroud: email@example.com, or take it to your local office.