During the coronavirus outbreak, many small businesses are facing serious challenges because of social distancing guidelines. There are resources available to help, and they are listed below. As we learn of more, they will be added to this page.
Small businesses play a big part in the American economy. According to the Small Business Administration, businesses with 500 or fewer employees make up 99.7 percent of all US businesses and represent nearly 50 percent of all US private sector employment.
- Economic Recovery Resources for Small Businesses
- Small Business Administration Assistance
- Kansas Health Foundation Grantee Information
- SBA Coronavirus Relief Options
- Kansas Essential Functions Framework
- Kansas Department of Commerce Jobs and Hiring Portal
- Kansas Department of Labor Shared Work Program
The State of Kansas has published guidelines for businesses operating during any phase of the reopening plan. It is an easy to use website, with businesses listed by type. There are also KDHE Guidelines, OSHA Guidelines, KDOL Workplace Safety and Industry-Specific Guidance (AIHA). Kansas Business Guidelines