Record Books/End of Year
VERY IMPORTANT: Before you begin to keep project record reports for the year, make sure you have a current version of Adobe Reader DC. If you do not, you may download a free version, here: https://get2.adobe.com/reader/. When you click on that link, the following screen will appear. "uncheck" the 3 boxes in the middle column and click on the link circled in green to begin your download. Follow the prompts to download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
1. Members are required to complete the minimum of the MIGS Book (Member In Good Standing). The MIGS Book must meet the following checklist:
- Green 4-H Record Book or green plastic folder, clearly labeled with name and club of 4-H’er
- Achievement Pin Application (Set Inside the Front Cover of the MIG).
- Key Award Application (if eligible)
- Yearly 4-H Participation Summary, completed by 4-H’er
- Personal Information Page with appropriate signatures
- Permanent Record
- 4-H Story (Juniors: one paragraph minimum / Intermediate & Senior: one full page minimum)
- Pictures: maximum of three one-sided pages (no more than six pictures per page). Photos should be captioned and show project involvement, leadership, and citizenship within 4-H.
You may want to watch this video: MIG Record Book Process for more information.
2. To receive county project recognition, 4-H’ers must complete a Project Record Report or Kansas Award Portfolio (KAP) for the appropriate 4-H age division.Each Project Record Report must be in a separate plastic folder with prongs clearly labeled with name, club, district location, and project. The requirements for each age division are as follows:
- Junior (7-9):
- Intermediate (10-13):
- Senior (14-18):
- Copy of Personal Information Page
- Correct Form (General or Animal Project)
- All sections included and no additional pages
- IMPORTANT: All forms must be downloaded before filling out.
- OPTIONAL: Project report forms may be completed online via ZSuite. See #4 below for ZSuite resources.
- 1st Place winners are eligible for Area Screening with one KAP per project area.
3. All MIGS books and Project Record Reports are due to club leaders by the club deadline. Any books submitted after the club deadline may be accepted, but not judged.
4. ZSuite is the online record book option.
- To access the online record books, please visit ZSuite here.
- How to create a ZSuite online account: Account Registration Instructions
- How to create individual member profiles within ZSuite online account: Creating Member Profiles
Here are additional resources to help with the record book process: