Family and Child Development
Everyone could use a little help knowing what's best for children, teenagers and young adults now and then, and K-State Research and Extension can provide that help! From developmental milestones during the early years of life, to biting toddlers, moody middle-schoolers and teens wanting to test their wings, we have information to help parents and caregivers not only get through it, but master parenting and thrive.
Feeding Our Youngest
- Thinking about Breastfeeding? Good for You and Baby Too! - https://bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/MF3565.pdf
- Newborn to 1 Month: https://bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/MF3556.pdf
- 2 Months: https://bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/MF3557.pdf
- 3 Months: https://bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/MF3558.pdf
- 4 Months: https://bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/MF3573.pdf
- 5 Months: https://bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/MF3574.pdf
- 6 Months: https://bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/MF3575.pdf
- 7 Months: https://bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/MF3577.pdf
- 8 Months: https://bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/MF3578.pdf
- 9 Months: https://bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/MF3579.pdf
- 10 Months: https://bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/MF3580.pdf
- 11 Months: https://bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/MF3581.pdf
- 12 Months: https://bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/MF3582.pdf
Developmental Milestones: Guides for Parents
Click picture above for more information on milestones.
Click on above picture to download the Milestone Tracker app.
Choosing Care for Your Child
Infant and Toddler Behavior
Elementary School and Beyond
- Is My Child Ready to Stay Home Alone?
- Helping Your School-Age Child Develop a Healthy Self-Concept
- The Importance of Friendship for School-Age Children
- Trim Back-to-School Stress
- Take Time Away from Technology
- Balance School / Family Time
- Common Stresses for Parents of Teens
- Communicating with Your Teen
- Communicating with Your Teen: Social Networking and Cyberbullying
- Communicating with Your Teen: Negotiation
- Communicating with Your Teen: Talking about Sex
- Communicating with Your Teen: Trust
- Living with Your Teenager
- Parenting Young Teens: Early Dating
- Is Your Teen Relationship Smart?