Family and Child Development
Everyone could use a little help knowing what's best for children, teenagers and young adults now and then, and K-State Research and Extension can provide that help! From developmental milestones during the early years of life, to biting toddlers, moody middle-schoolers and teens wanting to test their wings, we have information to help parents and caregivers not only get through it, but master parenting and thrive.
Developmental Milestones: Guides for Parents
Choosing Care for Your Child
Infant and Toddler Behavior
Elementary School and Beyond
- Is My Child Ready to Stay Home Alone?
- Helping Your School-Age Child Develop a Healthy Self-Concept
- The Importance of Friendship for School-Age Children
- Trim Back-to-School Stress
- Take Time Away from Technology
- Balance School / Family Time
- Common Stresses for Parents of Teens
- Communicating with Your Teen
- Communicating with Your Teen: Social Networking and Cyberbullying
- Communicating with Your Teen: Negotiation
- Communicating with Your Teen: Talking about Sex
- Communicating with Your Teen: Trust
- Living with Your Teenager
- Parenting Young Teens: Early Dating
- Is Your Teen Relationship Smart?